Buddha-Mettā UK

Buddha-Mettā UK
Puja (chanting and meditation) 5am & 7pm, Dana (meal offering) 10:30am.

17 April 2012

Buddha Metta Makes a Move

As of January, Buddha Metta found a new home in Harston amidst the songs of dunnocks and tits and the occasional roar of a Porsche from the dealership across the road. And in this time of new beginnings, emerging from the bitter and barren winter, is an ever-so-sweet monk called Than Khemacitto (Than B for short) from Thailand (US born).

I will be here for the next few months offering my friendship and support - and even my ear! to anyone who cares to stop in for tea or chanting or afternoon strolling. 

I will not give you my monk resume, sorry. I won't tell you how long I've spent meditating in caves and jungles, what's the longest I've fasted for, and how many days I've sat without moving, absorbed in meditation, or even if I've done any of those things. As the Buddha said, the Dhamma is Ehipassiko, or for each of us to come and see for ourselves. Same with me. 

If you do decide to come and see things for yourself, there is an open lunch from 11 to 12 and chanting and meditation from 7 to 8 every day.

I am also open to discuss the Dhamma, weather, and meditation at any time. Feel free to stop by whenever. 

Please check this page before coming, though, because I will post days that I will be away from Buddha Metta. If you want to be double sure, then ring me at 07977322753.

Wishing you a joyful day,
Than Khemacitto

No comments:

Post a Comment